Monday, April 28, 2008

A few days to go


Well we have started the debriefing process and the realization that I have to go back to the states is setting in. My time here has been amazing. I have learned so much, and the lord has pretty much rocked my world. I have realized how HUGE the lord is, and how SMALL I am. He has a plan for my life, and I patiently await what he has in store... it better be big because I don't think after this experience I can have a normal American life. I realize I will not be content unless my future job includes feeding and clothing those who need it... or at least being apart of the process.
I realize it has been hard being in Africa as a STUDENT... it was not the typical mission experience where you are "doing good" or have the "spiritual high". It was LIVING in Africa, and going to school. We were not changing things but mostly learning of things. It was hard to be in that position knowing there was so much to be done... but that was not what I went to do. Not that I sat around and did nothing... I am proud of the things I have done. Of helping the communities get sponsored...But I also learned that is was not me at all. I am literally one of the biggest sinners in the world... and it is only because of the Christ in me that any good could be done.... I also learned to wrestle with things.... to wrestle with poverty. I don't have a solution, but i am not ignoring it. How does one draw the line between causing dependency and giving to the poor? And how can we become OK with passing those in need on the street.
So many things i am going to have to continue to ponder and develop once i go home...
I am excited to come home and see JUST HOW MUCH the lord has rocked my life... I am also excited to see where the lord Leads me... HE is truly teaching me trust.... learning to Trust in him to lead me to what is next... because I am oblivious to the future.

This is a funny picture I saw on the road...IF ONLY AMERICANS HAD THIS WANT

No comments: